Aldershot Real Estate
This village was previously a part of East Flamborough Township until it was appropriated by the City of Burlington in 1962. It has a “fiercely independent spirit” and always maintained a quality of independence and individual identity. This may be because Aldershot, originally called Burlington Plains, may have been the earliest settlement in East Flamborough Township. It was first surveyed in 1791 by Augustus Jones. It is believed the first family to settle in the area was the Fonger Family in the early 1790s.
TRANSPORTATION IN ALDERSHOT
Via Rail and GO Transit operate Aldershot railway station, on the Quebec City–Windsor Corridor and Lakeshore West lines respectively, which serves the immediate area and the adjacent
city of Hamilton.
AMENITIES IN ALDERSHOT
There are a number of local shops, grocery stores, restaurants as well as big box stores like IKEA.